THE NEVER ENDING SUMMER LOOK!
Because it's ALWAYS SUMMER somewhere ! And basically I want to hold on to my summer look all year long ... I created this blog post talking about my go to products to create the ultimate radiant summer look!
Let's do this.
1. Vita Liberata Self Tan Dry oil 3 In 1: To be honest! I'm not the biggest fan of self tanners. I often find the whole routine quite complicated. They usually take too long to develop, They smell pretty bad (which is my biggest pet peeve) and I always, always find a way to mess up my tan somewhere. But ... I recently discover the Vita Liberata SELF TAN DRY OIL 3 in 1 ! It tans, treat (hydrates) and protects my skin with SPF 50 ... Pretty crazy right? .
WHAT I LOVE? The formula! This Marula dry oil sinks immedialty into the skin leaving zero residue or sticky feeling. It comes with a mitt so application is basically fool proof. It goes on dark so I can't tell if I missed a spot or if I applied to much on one area. And last but not least this is definitely one of the prettiest natural glowing formulas I have found. Yes is natural but it's also completely buildable! The trick? Using two layers and simply waiting 5 to 8 between applications to get the best results. And by best results I mean super dark tanned skin !!! SHOP IT HERE.
2. Marc Jacobs Air Blush Soft Glow: Tired of seeing this blush? Well, I'm NOT... Is my current favorite and I don't think it is going out of my rotation any time soon. As I mention before I got sent the shade "Kink and Kisses" as a gift but after visiting Sephora an swatching the whole collection I completely felt in love with "Lines & Last night" .
THE SHADE? A beautiful Creamsicle/Bright Coral with a hint of a gold. Is a warm yet bright shade that looks AMAZING on medium and darker skin tones. I usually layer this on top of the Estée Lauder Bronzed Goddess cream blush to give my cheeks a bit of a sheen and make the creamy blush last longer. These two ... Are ultimate cheek combo. Love them. SHOP IT HERE!
3. The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer: A cult classic and in fact ... my favorite powder highlighter. WHY? Well This shade is pretty unique! Most golden tone highlighters are a bit too dark and too harsh on the skin. But, this one has the best of both worlds; a golden undertone mixed with a pearly sheen that reflects the light in a very subtle, natural way. Great as a inner corner highlighter on the eyes and as a beautiful golden, pearly eyeshadow. Oh! And it doesn't settle into fine lines or make pores look bigger. SHOP IT HERE!
4. Hourglass Luminous Bronze Light : If only want to get one product from this whole summer look, It has to be this one. This is the most beautiful, natural and flattering bronzer I own. Application is really easy and the glow factor this little guy gives its just.... Perfection. Not shimmery, not glittery just the most lovely, healthy looking radiant finish. You might noticed a common theme here... Using "Natural looking products" ! that's how achieve a believable summer look and this bronzer truly makes me look sun kissed. SHOP IT HERE!
5. Smith & Cult Lip Lacquer in "Her Name Bubbles": Looking for the perfect warm pink shade? Look no further. This is by far the prettiest pink I have ever use. It leans more on the warmer side, meaning it has a bit of a peachy undertone in it. And, as you may not know ... peachy pinks can lift up any dull complexion, right? Well, That's the trick with this pink... It brightens and brings my skin back to life. The Formula, a creamy, not sticky and surprisingly pigmented shade. SHOP IT HERE!
6. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara Waterproof: First impression ... I did NOT like this mascara at all. The brush had so much product in it, I had to spend the first minute scrapping the excess off. Then when I applied the mascara smeared EVERYWHERE. (I have pretty big lashes) so my whole lid and under eye where covered in small black dots of mascara. So, I put it away for two weeks and wait until it dried out a bit... The result! MAGIC this became quickly my favorite mascara. As the formula dried and became less wet I found I had more control over the application process and all the annoying smearing stopped. This mascara builds volume like no other and because it's waterproof it holds my curls all day long. This is definitely a mascara you need to work with (is not the easy, on the go mascara you can apply quickly and be out the door) But, the end result is worth it. SHOP IT HERE!
7. Estée Lauder Bronzed Goddess Lip & Cheek in "Peach Glow" : Little side story... In 2006 my cousin gifted me an Estée Lauder cream blush from a beautiful Tom Ford limited edition collection. That cream blush was my H&G. It was the only thing I used on my cheeks for 3 years straight until one day it disappear of my makeup bag. And off course because it was limited edition I was never ever able to find something similar since. Until... I stumble upon this Pure Color Lip & Cheek in 01 peach glow. The shade? The prettiest, creamiest peachy pink with no shimmer that melts beautifully into the cheeks. Again... Leaving a very natural flushed look. The down side; this is a limited edition too but Estee Lauder recently launch new Pure Color Lip and Cheek MultiSticks that are permanent and have a wider range of shades. SHOP THEM HERE!