A LITTLE GUIDE TO SUMMER SUNSCREENS!
Welcoming Summer with a little guide of my FAVORITE Sunscreens! there's one for everyone, I promise.
1. MURAD Invisiblur Perfecting Shield SPF 30 +++ "THE INVISIBLE SPF THAT BLURS IMPERFECTIONS": if you don't like sunscreen then you'll probably love this amazing product. Invisiblur, it's basically a clear primer, that blurs imperfections and combats signs of aging ... Pretty spectacular right? It has a silicone texture and it can be used under your foundation (as a primer), on top, to smooth out texture or simply by itself.
I LOVE to use it when I want my skin to look perfect or when I just don't want to layer a moisturizer, a sunscreen and a primer. It's easy, it's one step and It has anti-aging properties. What else can you ask for?
2. SHISEIDO Expert Sun Anti-Aging Protection Cream SPF 50 + "THE MOST POWERFUL SUNSCREEN": little story ... I was born and raised in Sunny Colombia which basically means I caught too much sun growing up, so I develop quite a few annoying and hard to combat sun spots ;(. After trying countless brightening products, I have come to the conclusion that the BEST way to diminish a sun spot is simply by keeping it AWAY from the sun. And this specific sunscreen from SHISEIDO is the only one that has kept my sunspots at bay. Formula wise; this is not the typical thick and heavy sunscreen. The previous version was a bit more emollient and left an awful noticeable white cast, but the new "Wet Force" formula is lighter, sinks immediately, doesn't leave a white cast and wears amazingly well under makeup.
If you enjoy a lot of outdoor activities, if you suffer from dark spots and hyper pigmentation, or if you are a total skincare junkie like me, and want to completely shield your skin from the harmful uvb/uva rays then this sunscreen is for you. OH ! And one thing I have to mention...this formula acts like an AMAZING primer under makeup. It's a cream but it completely vanishes when applied, leaving my skin plump and balanced... Not oily, not greasy or even shiny. This is probably my 6th bottle and I'll keep repurchasing it.
3. Dr. Dennis Gross Instant Radiance Sun Defense SPF 40 "THE ONE THAT MIMICS PERFECT LUMINOUS SKIN": Where do I begin ...This sunscreen is the BOMB, and it completely blew my mind from the first time I used it. WHY ? Well, this formula is crazy good. It's a tinted sunscreen that color corrects, covers imperfections, and gives my complexion the most beautiful GLOW. I have tried countless tinted products and often the formula is heavy, shiny or greasy and the shades are never, ever right. This one on the other hand is lightweight, radiant and it has the right amount of pigment (not too pink, not too yellow just a hint of radiance). Keep in mind this doesn't feel like makeup at all! It feels like a regular moisturizer that delivers the most beautiful radiance to the skin. If there's one product from the bunch I'd recommend for any skin type or age, it would be this one, because as I said in the title, it totally mimics perfect, radiant skin. My newest obsession.(*)
4. Shiseido Urban Environment Oil Free SPF 42 "LIGHTWEIGHT AND MATTE FOR OILY SKIN TYPES" : This ultra lightweight formula contains mineral powders and herbal extracts that control sebum production giving the skin a matte appearance. This sunscreen is ideal for combination and oily skin types or for people that just can't stand the feel of sunscreen (men, husbands... Etc). The formula is so light, you won't even notice it's on. And the packaging is tiny and easy to carry around .... but don't worry because it actually lasts a long time.
5. First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Face Cream "THE ON THE-GO FUSS FREE MOISTURIZER" : If you're looking for a VERY GOOD moisturizer that sun protects, prevents/ reduces wrinkles, corrects uneven skin tone, nourishes and moisturizes the skin and combats free radicals ... Look no further! This is my GO-TO FUSS free alternative. Texture wise; it's lightweight yet it provides my skin lasting hydration. I love traveling with this moisturizer because I don't have to pack a separate SPF and it's also my favorite in winter time when the sun is less harsh. Love it ! Going On to my second bottle. (*)
6. New Rituals Sun Protection Body Oil "THE NON STICKY OIL THAT GIVES MY SKIN A LOVELY SHEEN" : ok let me just start by saying the scent of this product it's AMAZING ! And the science behind this bad boy is pretty interesting because this dry oil protects your skin while it enhances your tan ... crazy right? If you want to achieve a beautiful long lasting tan and avoid peeling, then this is the right product for you. Your skin would be protected, soft and hydrated. And last but not least, I have to confess I often use this oil at night on my legs and arms to give them the most LOVELY SHEEN!!!! .